Menu

Useful information

Patron

Patronage Board (Bishop/Dean & Chapter of Worcester Cathedral/PCC/a TV)

Episcopal Area

Kingston Episcopal Area

Deanery

Merton Deanery

Archdeaconry

Lambeth Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1958

Architect

Sebastian Comper

Listing

NL

The church was built in 1958 to a simple plan, structural design and elevational treatment.

Loadbearing cavity walls to both aisles, faced with stock brickwork laid to a modified Flemish bond and stiffened with piers have been built off a plinth of blue engineering bricks. These support the aisle roof structure.

The nave roof is carried on full triangulated concrete trusses to simulate timber supported on clerestory cavity brickwork itself built off stonework arcades.

Windows have been built with reconstructed stone (concrete) surrounds with no overhangs, formed of sections of various lengths. Glazing is leaded panes within steel windows.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close