Patronage Board (Bishop/Martyrs' Memorial & CofE Trust/PCC/a TV)
Kingston Episcopal Area
Details of the Church
St Lawrence’s Church is sited on a broad ridge running north-south at the east edge of Morden Park and adjacent to London Road (A24). It is approximately one mile south-west of Morden town centre.
The present building dates from 1636 and probably replaced an earlier structure on the same site. It consists of a nave and chancel under a continuous roof, a west tower and south-west porch. A vestry was added to the north side of the sanctuary in 1805.
A part two-storey Church Centre was added with a two storey link to the north side of the tower in 1983/4.