Menu

Useful information

Patron

The Bishop & Vicar St Mary, Merton

Episcopal Area

Kingston Episcopal Area

Deanery

Merton Deanery

Archdeaconry

Lambeth Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1957

Architect

Thomas Ford & Partners

Listing

NL

The accommodation comprises nave, aisles, sanctuary, west choir, chapel, choir vestry, priest’s vestry, sacristy, toilet, south west porch and tower rooms. The church is built in a classical style. The walls are constructed is sand faced multi-coloured facing bricks and there are reconstructed stone dressings to windows, buttresses and parapets. The tower roof is constructed in reinforced concrete and an octagonal concrete spire rises approximately 7m above the roof. The spire roof is covered in copper and is surmounted by a copper boss and ornamental cross. The roof over the nave, aisles and chancel is covered in interlocking Roman clay tiles and is supported on steel trusses carried on the main walls.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close