The Mothers’ Union is a Christian organisation which promotes the well-being of families worldwide. In Southwark, members volunteer and pray for a variety of projects that reflect the organisation’s aim and objects, as well as raising funds to help families worldwide.
Aim and objects
The aim of the Mothers’ Union is the advancement of the Christian religion in the sphere of marriage and family life.
The objects of the Mothers’ Union are:
- to uphold Christ’s teaching on the nature of marriage and to promote its wider understanding
- to encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the Church
- to maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians, united in prayer, worship and service
- to promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
- to help those whose family life has met with adversity.
Welcome from the President
Comfort Fearon is the President of Southwark Diocese Mothers’ Union. Previously she served as Diocesan President of the Mothers’ Union, Women’s Guild & Girls’ Guild in Kaduna, Nigeria, while her husband Archbishop Josiah Idowu-Fearon was bishop there.
The safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults is of prime importance to the Mothers’ Union, and the central Board of Trustees has agreed a statement of commitment to safeguarding.
Read the Mothers’ Union statement of commitment here.