BAGL has a particular brief to think about how to use liturgy missionally. As well as producing Advice Notes for the Bishop on particular questions, the group composes formal liturgies for particular occasions and situations. It also works on liturgy as it is more broadly understood: liturgy, from the Greek laos, the crowd or group, and ergon, work – the work of the crowd, what we do together.
Members are appointed by the Bishop, and the current group is:
- Shaun Burns, Primary Religious Education Adviser at SDBE
- David Fisher, Rector of All Saints, Carshalton
- Wilma Roest, Team Rector, Richmond
- Roxanne Hunte, Vicar of South Norwood
- Ian Mobsby, Rector of Christ Church Southwark and Assistant Dean of Fresh Expressions
- Joshua Rey, Vicar of Roehampton (Chair of BAGL)
- Sarah Simpson, Priest-in-Charge of Immanuel and St Andrew Church, Streatham
- Andrew Zihni, Canon Precentor, Southwark Cathedral.
This page gives you access to all the liturgical work that the BAGL has published since it was set up in 2016, and you can also download the BAGL’s Terms of Reference. If you would like to know more about the group, please contact the Chair, The Revd Joshua Rey.
Archdeacons' services for Easter
For the six Sundays from 11 April to 16 May, our Archdeacons are offering a series of online services which we very much hope will be of assistance to parishes as an additional resource.
You can see the videos below, which will go live on the appropriate Sunday.
Liturgical resources for Holy Week and Easter
The Bishop’s Advisory Group for Liturgy has compiled a document, below, listing a range of resources in different formats and styles that parishes can use to pray through the Stations of the Cross together online.
You will also find below some educational materials relating to Holy Week and Easter from the Diocese of Bath and Wells and Wintershall Education, which might be of use to children’s groups.