Menu

Useful information

Patron

Patronage Board (Bishop/Merton College, Oxford/PCC/a TV)

Episcopal Area

Croydon Episcopal Area

Deanery

Tandridge Deanery

Archdeaconry

Reigate Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1907

Architect

J C King

Listing

NL

This is a small simple timber framed building built in 1907. The chancel was extended in 1930 by one bay width. The hand-made tiled roof is supported by 5 queen post roof trusses, the last and newest one constructed of laminated timber. There is a small bell turret at the west end with tile-hung sides and roof. Externally the church is clapboarded on a brick plinth. It has an interesting east window, being the artist’s mock-up for a translucent coloured glass mosaic panel but unfortunately it proved too problematical and expensive to complete. Two extensions on the north side contain the organ chamber and vestry and a kitchen and lavatories both with external doors. Each is timber framed with a tiled roof although the lavatory extension has a felt flat. The church is set back from the road and is surrounded by hedges and mature trees, giving a a quiet and pleasant environment

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close