Croydon Episcopal Area
Details of the Church
Unknown/George Gilbert Scott
St Peter’s is the only worship centre in the Tandridge village community. It was important particularly in Anglo-Saxon times in giving its name to one of the thirteen districts into which Surrey was divided. From the style of rough stone-work these are thought to be early Norman, dating from the last quarter of the 11th Century, and are considered to be amongst the oldest examples of their kind in Surrey. The nave roof is of Early English coupled rafter construction, which dates to around 1300. Within the churchyard is a gigantic yew tree, which is one of the largest and most famous in Britain.
Facilities: Disabled access, toilets (outside, but soon to be inside), sound system with induction loop.