Menu

Useful information

Patron

Diocesan Board of Patronage

Episcopal Area

Croydon Episcopal Area

Deanery

Tandridge Deanery

Archdeaconry

Reigate Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1865

Architect

William White

Listing

NL

The church is a neo-Gothic building erected in the mid-1860’s. The building consists of a nave in the south-west comer with an aisle to the north. To the east, the nave opens into a chancel and to the north of this there is a side chapel which in turn opens on the eastern side to a small vestry.

The walls are constructed with sandstone with feature bands of brick-work and predominantly the roofs, which are supported on timber trusses, are finished with plain tiling, but with slates to the aisle and vestry roofs. There is a belfry at the west end of the building. The windows are glazed leaded lights, with stained glass to five of the windows. The building is surrounded by grassed areas, with a graveyard occupying the land to the south.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close