Patronage Board (Bishop/Hertford College, Oxford/a TV)
Croydon Episcopal Area
Details of the Church
The Parish Church of St Nicholas Sutton was begun in 1862 and consecrated on 17th February 1864.
The building was erected on a site that has been used as a church since Saxon times and since consecration a number of extensions have been built.
In 1893 a new vestry was built with clergy and choir rooms. A large basement was provided for the organ blowing plant and the north porch was built.