Croydon Episcopal Area
Details of the Church
W D Caroe
Before the present building the church existed on another site in a timber construction church building, which was dismantled and sold to the Revd J F Perry of Carlton, Nottingham. It had been erected in 1871, licenced 1872 and dismantled 1907. This was the Bandon Hill Church, a daughter church of St Mary Beddington.
The present building was designed by W D Caroe MA Architect. In May 1906 tenders were opened and the contract was let with Burnand and Co for the sum of £6,293. The foundation stone was laid on 16 June 1906 by Mr Harry Lloyd in the presence of the Bishop of Kingston and local clergy.
The building is of brick construction with tiled roofs, and of a traditional layout with nave, choir, altar, and side aisles. There is a timber boarded lining to the roof slopes with roof trusses.