Croydon Episcopal Area
Details of the Church
This large and prominently positioned church was designed by S S Teulon in the Gothic Revival style and built between 1863 and 1866. It consists of a broad nave with circular clerestorey windows, chancel, north and south aisles, Lady Chapel, vestries with organ chamber above, imposing west tower, and north and south porches.
The construction is of brick with flint facing externally, natural stone dressings with trussed timber roof covered with plain clay tiles.