Patronage Board (Bishop/St John's College, Oxford/a TV)
Croydon Episcopal Area
Details of the Church
St Dunstan’s is located in the centre of the historic part of Cheam with pedestrian access from Church Road. The church is adjacent to the library and bounded on the north east and west sides by housing.
The present Victorian church was built in 1864 on the site of a medieval building. All that remains of the earlier church is the Lumley Chapel which is now a detached building to the south east of the present church.
The church comprises tower nave, north and south aisles, chancel, sanctuary, chapel, baptistry and vestries and is constructed of Kentish ragstone below pitched slate roofs with dressings to windows and doors in Bath Stone. The church is constructed in Victorian Gothic revival style with polychrome brickwork decoration internally.