Menu

Useful information

Patron

The Bishop

Episcopal Area

Kingston Episcopal Area

Deanery

Kingston Deanery

Archdeaconry

Wandsworth Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1933

Architect

J E Newberry & C W Fowler

Listing

2

The church is of traditional design, of a Perpendicular Gothic character, with an aisled nave, clerestory and cruciform roof, apsidal chancel, chancel north chapel, south transept tower, and church rooms south of the chancel and east of the tower. Externally it is built of red facing bricks, apparently hand-made, with slate roofs, and internally of pale, regular facing bricks, probably, “sand-lime bricks”, which were quite widely used at the time the church was built. The windows are provided with stone tracery.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close