Menu

Useful information

Patron

Crown (1 turn), Board of Patronage (2 turns)

Episcopal Area

Kingston Episcopal Area

Deanery

Kingston Deanery

Archdeaconry

Wandsworth Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1881-83

Architect

Carpenter & Ingelow

Listing

NL

The church is built in a simple early 14th century style, in red brickwork with Bath stone dressings. There is no tower, and only one aisle on the north side. It seems that the original scheme was for a much larger building.

The east window was designed by Seddon and executed by Belham & Co, and there are two stained glass windows in the south wall of the chancel, at least one of them by Kempe (1900).

The St Paul’s Centre has been built on the north side of the church and was opened in 1984. The accommodation provides one large room (with door and glazed panel to the North aisle) and one smaller one, where the Parish Office is located, together with kitchen and lavatory accommodation.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close