Croydon: Holy Saviour
Croydon North Deanery
This parish is currently in a vacancy
Please contact the PCC Secretary c/o Flat 7, 30 Elmwood Road
Croydon. CR0 2SG
(ASB Rite A)
(ASB Rite A)
(with Sunday School and crèche)
(2nd Sunday - Youth Service)
6.00pm Said Evening Prayer (ASB)
Facilities: Disabled access, toilets, disabled toilet, crèche, large print books/service sheets.
Further details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts
Patron: Bishop of Southwark
Urban Priority Area: No
Deanery: Croydon North
Episcopal Area: Croydon
Diocesan Record Office: Surrey History Centre
Holy Saviour Church was built as a daughter church of St James' in 1867 when the surrounding area was full of pig farms. Now, of course, it has become suburban during the last eighty years. There are 120 members in our electoral roll and the attendance on a normal Sunday worship at 10.00 am service is about 60 - 70 people. It is a multiracial community with its rich culture and life. We usually worship in English and at times use the other languages to express our diversity in unity. We use vestments every Sunday in accordance with the approved liturgical calendar. We have a small choir with crucifer, altar servers and acolytes.
It is lively and enriching worship - friendly and welcoming. You are most welcome to join us.
Architect: A R Mullins
Listing: grade 2
Built in 1867 to the design of Willoughby Mullins, Holy Saviour consists of a traditional nave, chancel, side aisles, vestries to the north of the chancel and the St. Barnabas Chapel at the east end of the south aisle. There is a tall tower and spire at the west end of the south aisle, a narthex at the west end of the nave, now used for offices, and a baptistry now used for small scale worship, meetings and consultations. Walls are generally solid brick, polychrome internally.