Vicar of Croydon
Croydon Episcopal Area
Croydon North Deanery
Details of the Church
The church of All Saints was built in 1827-29 to the designs of James Savage, and originally served as a Chapel of Ease to Croydon Parish Church. The tower and spire were added in 1841 and the chancel in 1861. The church was severely damaged by bombing during the Second World War and was restored in 1954. The restoration included the removal of the north and south galleries, the conversion of the south porch into a baptistry and the replacement of the east windows in the chancel and Lady Chapel.
The church of Upper Norwood, St Margaret was made redundant on 6 January 2003.