Menu

Useful information

Patron

The Bishop

Episcopal Area

Croydon Episcopal Area

Deanery

Croydon North Deanery

Archdeaconry

Croydon Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1889-94

Architect

Sir Ninian Comper

Listing

2

The church was started in 1889 and carried forward in stages until completion in 1925. In 1939 the narthex and porch were added to the liturgical west end. It consists of the traditional nave, aisles, chancel and single north transept. Vestries, boiler room and stores are situated in the crypt beneath the east end of the church. Pitched roofs are carried on rafters, purlins and trusses bearing on solid thick brick walls with stone dressings and buttresses. The 1939 addition at the west end is covered in a flat roof.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close