Menu

Useful information

Patron

The Bishop

Episcopal Area

Croydon Episcopal Area

Deanery

Croydon North Deanery

Archdeaconry

Croydon Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1878-87

Architect

J L Pearson

Listing

2*

The church consists of a lofty nave and chancel under one continuous slated roof, side aisles under copper roofs, the Lady Chapel to the south of the chancel aisle, north and south transepts, vestries and organ chamber to the north of the church and an uncompleted tower attached to the south transept.

Walls are of solid thick brickwork with red facings externally and Bath stone dressings. Internally walls are faced in yellow stocks. Ceilings are vaulted in brick with stone ribs. The entire church is extremely well constructed and detailed.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close