How can PGS help your church?
You are warmly invited to attend the webinar, “How PGS can help your church”. Hosted by the giving team and Helen Richardson (Chief Executive of PGS), hearing from some of our PGS pilot parishes, we will take time to address any questions you may have.
Why use PGS?
PGS will help your church finances by:
- encouraging stable and often increased regular planned giving
- combating ‘static’ giving when church members choose to increase their gift annually in line with the rate of inflation
- Gift Aid claimed monthly improving cash flow for your church
- reduced administration and paperwork for your Church Treasurer
- easy sign-up for donors
- free access to the scheme for churches and donors.
Church Treasurers receive an online monthly report from the PGS team, listing the giving and Gift Aid claimed.
Tokens are available for church members to put on the offering plate at each service.
The PGS is a stand-alone charity and the Diocese has no access to any donor’s data. The PGS remits 100% of all donations and Gift Aid direct to the church.
How we can help PCCs join the scheme
Gabby or Clare would be happy to visit your finance committee or PCC, make a short presentation and answer your questions. We recommend that the PGS is launched alongside a giving focus and we have many resources to assist parishes.
What steps does the PCC need to take?
- Discuss the benefits of the PGS at a PCC meeting and pass a PCC Resolution – Download our sample resolution (.pdf, 86kB).
- Register your church – Download the registration form (.pdf. 309kB).
- PCC returns completed PGS Registration Form (with parish’s bank account paying-in slip) to the Diocese at [email protected].
- Church’s nominated PGS Statement Receiver receives a welcome e-mail from the PGS team.
- PGS registered church receives donor leaflets and gift forms from Diocesan team.
- PCC members adopt the PGS first; others in the church are more likely to follow these ambassadors.
Top tips for Implementing PGS
- Spark generosity. Introduce the scheme alongside a giving programme or talk – you could use the Generosity Week resources.
- Don’t go it alone! Appoint a project leader or ambassador and recruit a team of volunteers to help with the website page, intercessions, talking to people, and paperwork.
- Lead with vision. Share why increasing financial resources and reducing the administrative burden by joining PGS matters by talking about your church’s vision and impact.
- Be the example. Get the PCC on board as early adopters.
- Make it an event in the life of your church. Hold a celebration service to launch the scheme. You can still do this even if your services are online.
- Keep promoting the scheme. Use notices in the service, weekly news, your website and welcome packs for new church members to keep talking about PGS.
- Say thank you. Make sure that you write regularly to donors, and thank them when they make the switch to PGS.
Additional materials for PCCs
- FAQs (PGS website)
- Sample letters (.docx, 66kB) – to send with the Donor Leaflet and Gift Form
- ‘Giving is God’s Way’ Leaflet template (.docx, 369kB)
Once you have registered your parish for PGS, our Giving Team will send you a Donor Leaflet and Gift Form personalised for your parish.