The Parish Giving Scheme (PGS) is a convenient and secure way to support church giving, manage regular donations, and reduce parish administration. It provides a simple but efficient way for you to give regular financial support to your church and enables more stable and predictable funding for mission and ministry in your parish.
The scheme has been in operation since 2008, and currently is used by more than 2,000 churches across the Church of England. From November 2020 the scheme became available to churches in the Diocese of Southwark, free of charge for churches and donors.
Why use PGS?
There are many benefits to gain through the PGS, such as:
- being in total control of your giving as donors, easy to change the amount
- automatic and efficient reclaim of Gift Aid each month (enhancing your gift by 25%) each month which improves cash flow for PCCs
- reduced administration and paperwork for your Church Treasurer
- easy sign-up for donors through the telephone service
- combating static giving with an option for donors to annually increase gifts by the rate of inflation
- 100% of donations go to your parish from the PGS each month
- free at point of use to our parishes.
How does the Parish Giving Scheme work?
Register your church for PGS
Give to your church via PGS
It is easier than ever to give to your church through the Parish Giving Scheme. Once your church has signed up for PGS, and you know your parish’s PGS code and name, you can set up your giving via the telephone service (Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm) or fill out a gift form from your parish.