Encouraging giving and generosity is a critical element in our discipleship and faith journeys and in supporting the life of a parish. Giving programmes are more than an annual letter or sermon but a focus to thank people, to celebrate your church’s mission and vision and to develop a generous culture.
They aim to resource the mission and ministry of your church, both at a local level and more widely across the Diocese. We recommend parishes do a wider giving review at least every three years and a shorter review annually.
This team can provide materials and guidance so that your programme has a clear purpose, communicates your church’s needs, encourages members of your congregation to reflect upon their generosity and reflects your culture.
Giving programmes each have a different focus. There are a wealth of resources and supporting documentation available, and we can work with you to design something bespoke where needed.
- Giving is God’s Way. These web-based resources from our Diocese help parishes to consider how best to respond to God’s generosity and use the gifts they have received. Includes wide-ranging resources for small groups and parishes.
- TRIO (The Responsibility is Ours). This planned giving campaign written by Southwark Dioceses presents the income and expenditure of the parish and challenges the congregation to respond in light of that information. Based around a presentation to the church.
- Generosity Week. Eight days of podcasts accompanied by service and worship materials for churches to use whatever the time of the year to encourage people to live generously.
- Giving in Grace. These are comprehensive stewardship resources for annual reviews, stewardship tasks and programmes by the Diocese of Liverpool.
- Other resources from the National Team.
If you would like to discuss running a giving programme in your parish, please contact a member of our Giving Team (details below).
Bible studies for small groups
The following Bible studies are ideal as part of a larger giving programme, to enable space for deeper discussion and reflection.