Our Vision

Hearts on Fire with a Vision for growth

Lee: St Margaret


Lee Terrace
SE13 5BT

Location map

Parish Website

Parish Contacts

The Revd Tim Goode

St Margaret's Rectory
Brandram Road
SE13 5EA

020 8318 9643
E-mail: revtimgoode@gmail.com

Parish Office

St Margaret's Visitor Centre,
Brandram Road
London SE13 5EA

Tel: 020-8318 9643
E-mail: office@stmargaretslee.org.uk

Sunday Services

Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts


Patron: Lord Chancellor

Deanery: East Lewisham

Archdeaconry: Lewisham & Greenwich

Episcopal Area: Woolwich

Diocesan Record Office: Lewisham Archives Centre

Details of Church

Internal photoBuilt: 1839 - 41
Architect: John Brown
Listing: grade 2*

Built in 1839-41 to a design by John Brown of Norwich, the Commissioner's type church with coupled lancet windows has an ornate west tower with octagonal top stage and spire. Inside the aisles are as high as the nave with slender quatrefoil columns. Remodelling was carried out in 1875 by James Brooks, when the chancel was lengthened, and given aisles and a stone vault, the nave galleries were removed and a wooden vault added, and a vaulted baptistry inserted on the tower. The interior is remarkable for its elaborately painted walls and its stained glass, much by Clayton and Bell.