Menu

Useful information

Patron

The Bishop

Episcopal Area

Woolwich Episcopal Area

Deanery

East Lewisham Deanery

Archdeaconry

Lewisham and Greenwich Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1925

Architect

Sir Charles Nicholson

Listing

NL

The church was never completed as originally planned and only the nave and aisles were finished. The east end is terminated with a temporary brick wall and corrugated iron sheeting at the gable end and below the aisle roofs. The church is built in the Gothic style. There is a large, sweeping, tiled roofs covering the nave and aisles with no clerestory. There is a bell turret at the north west corner of the building. The church is built in multi-coloured red/brown facing bricks with stone window dressings, tracery and copings. The roof is covered in slates and the bell turret roof is covered in lead.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close