Menu

Useful information

Patron

The Bishop

Episcopal Area

Woolwich Episcopal Area

Deanery

East Lewisham Deanery

Archdeaconry

Lewisham and Greenwich Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1878-79

Architect

H Elliot

Listing

NL

The church has a lofty nave, lean-to aisles, transepts, apsidal chancel, and entrance porch across the length of the West end. It has no tower, rather a bell turret.

Externally the walls are faced in a Kentish ragstone with soft (probably Bath) stone dressings. The interior of the walls are fairfaced gault brickwork. Roofs are plain red clay tiles. A church built in the late Victorian period, typical of its time, solid but undistinguished which could be overcome by the introduction of some decorations.

In 1992/3 the church underwent major internal alterations with the removal of pews, lowering of pew platforms and close carpeting which have improved its spatial appearance and introduced great flexibility of use.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close