The Vicar of Lewisham
Woolwich Episcopal Area
East Lewisham Deanery
Lewisham and Greenwich Archdeaconry
Details of the Church
The church was built in 1892 to the designs of the architect Ernest Newton. The tapering chancel and Lady Chapel with vestries under were added in 1904. The original mission church abuts the building to the east and is now used as a parish hall.
The accommodation comprises nave, north and south aisles, chancel, sanctuary, south east chapel, narthex and gallery over. Beneath the sanctuary and the south east chapel are situated the upper vestry, lower vestry, and priest’s vestry.
The church is constructed in buttressed load bearing brickwork faced with red Wrotham bricks with a slate damp proof course. The window and door dressings and window tracery are in Bath stone and the copings to the gables and buttress tablings are in Portland stone. Roofs are spanned with timber trusses and are finished in slate.