Menu

Useful information

Patron

The Crown, 1 turn; Patronage Board (Bishop/Archbishop of Canterbury/Trustees/a TV) 2 turns

Episcopal Area

Kingston Episcopal Area

Deanery

Lambeth North Deanery

Archdeaconry

Lambeth Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1863-64

Architect

J L Pearson

Listing

2*

The church is built in multicoloured brick, with limestone dressings and with slated roofs. It consists (liturgically) of a nave, chancel with apsidal sanctuary, north and south aisles, west porch, small south-west tower, separately roofed baptistry at the west end of the south aisle, south (organ) transept, Lady Chapel on the corresponding north side, and north-east vestries above cloakrooms. It is a notable work by the architect Pearson, though hardly on the same scale as St. Augustine’s Kilburn, or Truro Cathedral, also by him.

The Heritage Centre was built in the late 1980s, in brick with a slated roof. It is separated from the north aisle by a roof-glazed corridor and is on two floors, with a kitchen, office and new principal entrance to the church on the ground floor with a galleried office above.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close