Menu

Useful information

Patron

The Bishop

Episcopal Area

Kingston Episcopal Area

Deanery

Lambeth North Deanery

Archdeaconry

Lambeth Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1912-13

Architect

H P Burke-Downing

Listing

2

The Church of the Holy Spirit, in a quiet road south east of Clapham Common, was designed in Gothic style. It consists of a nave, chancel and north aisle with the organ chamber over the two vestries at the east end of the latter. A hall has been built against the east end of the church with its own entrance in Hambalt Road. The church is built of brick with stone dressings to the doors and window and steeply pitched tiled roofs.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close