Our Vision

A people with hearts on fire, loving God, walking with Jesus and led by the Spirit

Blackheath: All Saints

East Lewisham Deanery

External photo

Address

All Saints Drive
The Heath
Blackheath
London SE3 0TH

Location map

Parish website

Parish Contacts

Rev Dr Nicholas Cranfield (Vicar)

All Saints Vicarage
10 Duke Humphrey Road
Blackheath
London SE3 0TY

Tel: 020-8852 4280
E-mail: vicar_blackheath@hotmail.com

Parish website

Sunday Services

8.00am Said Mass (BCP)
10.30am Sung Parish Mass
(ASB Rite B) (with crèche, Sunday School, Junior Choir)
6.30pm Evening Prayer (BCP)

Facilities: Disabled access, toilets, crèche, induction loop

Further details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts

Information

Tradition: Traditional Catholic
Patron: Vicar of Lewisham, St Mary

Population (2001 census): 2,477
Urban Priority Area: Yes

Deanery: East Lewisham

Archdeaconry: Lewisham

Episcopal Area: Woolwich

Diocesan Record Office: Lewisham Local Studies Centre

Introduction to parish

All Saints' is the Parish Church for Blackheath Village. It offers a traditional Catholic approach to worship, with a long-standing fine choral tradition and an emphasis on liturgy. Its clergy and lay staff work closely with All Saints' C of E Primary School. The Church supports Parent & Baby and Toddler Groups, as well as Advent and Lent Study Groups, Women's and Young People's Groups, Sunday School, two choirs and a Crèche. It is a member of the inter-denominational Blackheath Group of Churches.

Details of Church

Internal photo

Internal photo

Built: 1857-67
Architect: Benjamin Ferrey
Listing: grade 2

All Saints was built as the new parish church for the village of Blackheath.  It stands on its own on the edge of the Heath and makes no attempt to relate to nearby buildings.  It has Kentish rag surfaces and a spire on the south-west corner.  Vestries (1890) and porch (1899) were added by A W Blomfield.