Woolwich Episcopal Area
Eltham & Mottingham Deanery
Lewisham and Greenwich Archdeaconry
Details of the Church
The church was designed by G E Street, built in 1868-9 and added to in 1903 by Sir E Blomfield. It was reordered and refurbished in 1989.
It consists of a wide nave, north and south aisles, transepts, and a chancel behind an altar dais. On the south this is flanked by a chapel dedicated to those who died in the battle of Galipoli. To the north of the altar are the organ chamber and vestries. The west end terminates in a semi-circular narthex formerly the baptistry. The south porch has been modified to form a tea kitchen. The north porch is unaltered, but the main entrance is now via a second porch on the north which is also the entrance to the church hall which abuts the church.