Menu

Useful information

Patron

The Bishop

Episcopal Area

Woolwich Episcopal Area

Deanery

Eltham & Mottingham Deanery

Archdeaconry

Lewisham and Greenwich Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1906-07

Architect

Temple Moore

Listing

2

The original church is asymmetrical in design, consisting of a nave and an aisle to its north separated by two pointed arches. The south side is divided into three bays which contained windows.

The whole is roofed over by a steeply pitched tiled roof which comes down low on the north side and centred on the nave.

The south wall and windows were removed in 1934 to form a three-bay arcade and an aisle, Lady Chapel, porch and vestry were added. These have flat roofs finished in lead and asphalt respectively. The church is built of red brick with stone dressings. Internally brick surfaces are rendered. The nave has a timber barrel vaulted ceiling. The floor of the circulation areas is quarry-tiled and in the seating areas it is finished in natural softwood strips.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close