Woolwich Episcopal Area
Eltham & Mottingham Deanery
Lewisham and Greenwich Archdeaconry
Details of the Church
P Dollar/T Ford
The nave and aisles were erected in 1898 to the designs of the architect P Dollar. The east end, designed by Thomas Ford comprising vestries, organ chamber, chancel and Lady Chapel, was added in 1931. The north west porch, which serves as the main entrance to the church, was erected in 1937.
The church is designed in the gothic style with a simple lancet style nave with a perpendicular style chancel.
The accommodation comprises nave, aisles, chancel, Lady Chapel, organ chamber, choir vestry, priest’s vestry and north west porch.
The external walls are constructed in brick laid in English bond. The facing bricks are red and they vary slightly in colour and texture according to the different ages of construction. The main roofs are covered in clay tiles and the flat roofs are generally asphalted.