Woolwich Episcopal Area
Eltham & Mottingham Deanery
Lewisham and Greenwich Archdeaconry
Details of the Church
Welch & Lander/Cachemaille Day
The church consists of nave, north aisle, south aisle, north west porch, sanctuary under tower, north chapel and south vestry. At the west end of the nave there is a choir and organ gallery, approached from the north-west porch and there is also a choir vestry at this upper level.
The foundation stone of the church was laid on the 19th November 1932, and the building was consecrated in July 1933. The architect was N F Cachemaille-Day. The building was awarded the RIBA Gold Medal in 1933.
The building is constructed of brick with concrete roofs covered with asphalt.