Menu

Useful information

Patron

Private Trustees

Episcopal Area

Croydon Episcopal Area

Deanery

Croydon Central Deanery

Archdeaconry

Croydon Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1880-83

Architect

J L Pearson

Listing

1

A large brick church typical of the architect, with tall nave, low aisles, transepts with east chapels, apsidal chancel and south apsidal  Lady Chapel with aisles of its own. The stone-shafted, brick-vaulted interior is one of Pearson’s finest, and contains many lavish fittings – font, pulpit and organ case by Bodley, font cover by F L Pearson, hanging rood and lectern by Cecil Hare, stalls by Temple Moore and Lady Chapel fittings by Comper. Stained glass by Clayton & Bell, Lavers & Barraud and Kempe.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close