Menu

Useful information

Patron

Five Trustees

Episcopal Area

Croydon Episcopal Area

Deanery

Croydon Central Deanery

Archdeaconry

Croydon Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1856-57

Architect

Woodyer

Listing

2

The building comprises a short nave, of five narrow bays, a broad chancel and large Lady Chapel on its south side; opposite this is the organ chamber and a modem Clergy Vestry with flat roof which extends westward into the aisle. At the east end is a single storey range with a pitched roof which accommodates a sacristy, choir vestry (now used as a Sunday School room) and east-west corridor between. It was designed by Henry Woodyer and built in 1857. The aisles were added, by the same architect, in 1870. The chancel was rebuilt and the Lady Chapel added by H B Walters in 1891.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close