On this page we have collected some of the most helpful and interesting resources available on subjects ranging from worshipping at home and ministering to children and young people with additional needs to mental health and well-being.
If there is something else you need, you can use the website search feature for relevant blog posts or contact us.
Video Resources: Reconnecting with families post-lockdown
1. Trends and patterns during 2020-21
2. Our purpose and aims moving forward
3. How we can listen to and empower children and young people
Worship at home
- Simple liturgy to worship at home.
- Bible story videos for every week, following the Church Lectionary.
- Diddy Disciples – build your own worship for church at home.
- Bible Podlets – guided Bible study for adults and children.
- Bible Chat Mat – engaging for a range of ages to talk about faith through a colourable ‘mat’ with thought-provoking pictures, questions and scriptures.
- Creative prayer ideas – using household items.
Worship in church
- Intergenerational ministry resources including videos and podcasts to support you as you think about worship that meets the needs of all ages.
- Spiritual Styles webinar – A helpful look at how to cater for the different ways in which people connect with God.
- The All In Thing by Big Ministries – ready-to-use all age-services.
- Roots – liturgical resources for all-age and CYP groups.
- Traditional all-age worship resource based on The Good Childhood Report by Fraser Dyer.
- Zoom top tips for youth work – what to consider for a session on Zoom, including ideas for games and activities.
- Video conferencing with young people: the ‘how to’ with safeguarding advice, parental permission form, a risk assessment and a template to log communications.
- Family Friendly virtual church – for churches engaging with families/congregations online.
- National church guidelines for filming services with the required permissions.
- Useful links from the Diocese on setting up for online worship.
Mental health and well-being
Families of all ages
- A creative journal resource for talking about emotions at home (£5).
- A guide to looking after your mental health and well-being in stressful times.
- Self-care at home – Ideas for looking after the whole family together.
- Mindfulness activities for young children.
- Be Headstrong is an online space aimed exclusively at young people with a focus on promoting positive mental well-being.
- Exploring mental health and well-being – Seven sessions for youth groups from the Children’s Society.
- Young people’s guide to stressful situations (written BY young people FOR young people).
- A guide to supporting young people with their friendships (for leaders) and a friendship guide (for young people).
- Ideas and activities for young people in a pandemic.
- Young Minds – Mental health resources for young people in lockdown.
- Know a potentially marginalised young person or one in challenging circumstances? Noise Solution offers a way to encourage and develop young people through music to improve their confidence and well-being.
- Parent Talk – parents.actionforchildren.org.uk
- National Self Harm Network – www.nshn.co.uk
- This Active Prayer resource helps people of all ages and abilities to focus on different aspects of prayer.
- A list of resources and support for working with CYP with additional needs.
- Faith, spirituality and people with autism – a Master’s paper written by one of the Diocese’s own children’s workers.
- LecDeck – a highly recommended Lectionary-based discipleship resource for young people in the form of a deck of cards. Purchase years A & B (free P&P) or get both years via the LecDeck App for a one-off payment of £5.99 in both Android and Apple iOS formats. Year C will be added in 2021.
- Six sessions answering the questions 16- to 19-year-olds want the answers to.
- Youthscape offers innovative resources for young people and those working with them to explore life and faith.
- Youth for Christ – topical sessions on life and faith for online youth work.
- A list of the best online youth evangelism resources (including peer to peer).
- Quarantine Ideas for young people.
- Group challenges for youth groups in isolation.