Our vision is to see children and young people (CYP) with hearts on fire for Jesus, growing in faith with the confidence to share it; and contributing to the life of the Church and its mission at every level.
The whole Church has a role to play: walking alongside CYP by supporting households and schools to grow in faith together; welcoming and hearing the voice of all CYP, whatever their background or ability; and growing expressions of church where CYP are actively involved, as we seek to grow God’s kingdom both numerically and spiritually.
Our Diocesan CYP goals
- To work towards every CYP having a life-enhancing encounter with the Christian faith and the person of Jesus Christ.
- To encourage every parish to create a culture where CYP are welcomed, actively involved, growing spiritually, and equipped to share their faith with friends and family and have their voices heard.
- To encourage churches to actively build strong relationships with households and schools, making use of local partnerships with other churches or parachurch organisations, and through working together as deaneries.
- To affirm, support and develop all those working with CYP in the name of the Church, at a variety of different levels.
- To numerically grow the average weekly attendance of CYP by 5% by 2025 through existing and Fresh Expressions of Church.