The Rector of St Mary, Rotherhithe
Woolwich Episcopal Area
Bermondsey & Rotherhithe Deanery
Details of the Church
The church is of an orthodox plan on an east west axis, the sacristy being to the east. The main nave has simple aisles, there is a vestry, parish office and kitchen area to the east end and Lady Chapel with two entrances / exits, vestibules to the west end.
The building was dedicated in 1957 and is a brick construction with a pitched copper-clad roof.
The building occupies the approximate footprint of the former Holy Trinity Church, Rotherhithe, which was a Victorian building in the gothic style, consecrated in 1837. The original building was lost to the bombing of the Docklands area during the Second World War.