Turns 1,3 & 4 The Bishop, Incb Bemondsey, St Mary & FW Smith; Turn 2 The Crown
Woolwich Episcopal Area
Details of the Church
The church of St Anne was built in 1869-72 and the hall accommodation was provided in 1894. The buildings lie in the middle of Thorburn Square which is pedestrian precinct surrounded by post-war council housing. There are garden areas to the north and south of the church. The church was built in stock brickwork with stone dressings to piers and buttresses. There is a stone faced bell tower in the south west corner which contains one bell. The roof coverings are natural slate. The hall has separate entrances on the south and east elevations. Part of the hall is used as office accommodation.
The church of South Bermondsey, St Augustine was declared redundant in 1995 and leased to the ABMT Christian Fellowship.