Eltham Park: St Luke
Eltham & Mottingham Deanery
This parish is currently in a vacancy. Please direct any enquiries to:
The PCC Secretary
c/o 156 Eltham Palace Road
London SE9 5LZ
10.00am Sung Mass with Sunday school
(2nd Sunday in the month - youth focus)
6.00 pm Evensong
(2nd Sunday in the month: with Benediction)
Facilities: Disabled access and toilet, induction loop, crèche area
Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts
Patron: Bishop of Southwark
Urban Priority Area: No
Deanery: Eltham & Mottingham
Archdeaconry: Lewisham & Greenwich
Episcopal Area: Woolwich
Diocesan Record Office: Greenwich Heritage Centre
St. Luke’s is a church community worshipping in the Catholic tradition of the Church of England. The church is rooted in a spirituality centered on encountering the living God in Word and Sacrament and the mass, which is celebrated daily, is at the heart of our common life. The church seeks to recognise and celebrate diversity, supporting all in exploring their journey of faith. All are welcome.
Built: 1906 - 07
Architect: Temple Moore
Listing: grade C
The original church is asymmetrical in design, consisting of a nave and an aisle to its north separated by two pointed arches. The south side is divided into three bays which contained windows.
The whole is roofed over by a steeply pitched tiled roof which comes down low on the north side and centred on the nave.
The south wall and windows were removed in 1934 to form a three-bay arcade and an aisle, Lady Chapel, porch and vestry were added. These have flat roofs finished in lead and asphalt respectively. The church is built of red brick with stone dressings. Internally brick surfaces are rendered. The nave has a timber barrel vaulted ceiling. The floor of the circulation areas is quarry-tiled and in the seating areas it is finished in natural softwood strips.