Our Vision

A people with hearts on fire, loving God, walking with Jesus and led by the Spirit

Eltham: Holy Trinity

Eltham & Mottingham Deanery

Address

Southend Crescent
Eltham
London
SE9

Location map

Parish website

External photo

Parish Contacts

Rev Brett Ward (Priest-in-charge)

Holy Trinity Vicarage
59 Southend Crescent
Eltham
London SE9 2SD

Tel: 020 8850 1246
E-mail: holytrinityeltham@btinternet.com

Parish Office
59a Southend Crescent
Eltham
London SE9 2SD
Tel: 020 8859 6274

Parish website: www.ht-e.org.uk

Sunday Services

Details of all Sunday and weekday services and activities may be obtained from the parish contacts

Information

Patron: Bishop of Southwark

Population (2001 census): 9,274
Urban Priority Area: No

Deanery: Eltham & Mottingham

Archdeaconry: Lewisham & Greenwich

Episcopal Area: Woolwich

Diocesan Record Office: Greenwich Heritage Centre

Details of Church

Internal photoBuilt: 1868 - 69
Architect: G E Street
Listing: grade C

The church was designed by G E Street, built in 1868-9 and added to in 1903 by Sir E Blomfield. It was reordered and refurbished in 1989.

It consists of a wide nave, north and south aisles, transepts, and a chancel behind an altar dais. On the south this is flanked by a chapel dedicated to those who died in the battle of Galipoli. To the north of the altar are the organ chamber and vestries. The west end terminates in a semi-circular narthex formerly the baptistry. The south porch has been modified to form a tea kitchen. The north porch is unaltered, but the main entrance is now via a second porch on the north which is also the entrance to the church hall which abuts the church.