Menu

Useful information

Patron

The Bishop

Episcopal Area

Croydon Episcopal Area

Deanery

Croydon Addington Deanery

Archdeaconry

Croydon Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1856

Architect

Sir George Gilbert Scott

Listing

2

The church is sited within a large graveyard on the north side of Shirley Church Road. It comprises a nave with side aisles, a west tower, chancel, chapel, vestry and south porch. The church was built in 1856 to a design prepared by Gilbert Scott. The vestry was extended during the 20th century. The chapel is sited on the south side of the chancel and was built in 1955 and designed by Caroe and Partners. A detached hall built of brick, also designed by Caroe and Partners, is sited on the north side.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close