Croydon Episcopal Area
Croydon Addington Deanery
Details of the Church
Greenaway & Newberry
The church was built in 1935-6 to the designs of Newbury and Fowler. The chancel and Lady Chapel were destroyed by bomb damage during the Second World War and were rebuilt to their original design in 1944.
The church is simple in plan with narrow projecting aisles. Vestries and tower are located at the north east corner and a Lady Chapel at the south east corner. There are porches at the north west and south west corners. There is a secondary entrance on the east side of the tower and a further porch at the east end of the north aisle.