Menu

Useful information

Patron

The Bishop

Episcopal Area

Croydon Episcopal Area

Deanery

Croydon Addington Deanery

Archdeaconry

Croydon Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1952

Architect

John L Denman

Listing

NL

The church was built in 1952 to the design of John L Denman. The vestries, lavatories, kitchen and Lady Chapel were added in the 1960’s.

The church consists of a nave, south aisle, sanctuary in continuation of the nave, Lady Chapel attached to the sanctuary on the north side and a series of ancillary rooms (lavatories, vestries, etc) surrounding the sanctuary all under asphalt flat roofs. Main walls are load-bearing brickwork supporting a pitched roof covered in clay pantiles carried on 4 steel trusses which support timber purlins and rafters. The ceilings of the nave, sanctuary aisle and dwarf transepts are false vaulted by suspended ceilings of plaster on hessian stretched over a light wood frame which is an unusual feature.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close