Menu

Useful information

Patron

The Bishop

Episcopal Area

Croydon Episcopal Area

Deanery

Croydon South Deanery

Archdeaconry

Croydon Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1939/1954

Architect

David Nye & Partners

Listing

NL

The church occupies a steeply sloping site at the junction of Grovelands Road and Downlands Road, Purley. The building was started in 1939 to the design of David E Nye and Partners, London but not completed until 1954 and eventually consecrated on 14 October 1961. The church comprises nave, chancel, sanctuary, Lady Chapel and vestries on two floors at the east end, and north and south porches, choir vestry and gallery at the west end.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close