Useful information


The Bishop

Episcopal Area

Croydon Episcopal Area


Croydon South Deanery


Croydon Archdeaconry

Details of the Church




A W Kenyon



St Edmund’s is a hall church, that is one that is used as a community resource during the week for activities such as play groups, badminton, Brownies, etc, but which converts into a church when services are to be held. The church was opened in 1955, the result of the inspiration, determination and hard work of many local people. The building consists primarily of a central hall, with a stage at one end and the chancel at the other, the latter being divided from the hall by large folding doors. In the 1970s, a second, smaller hall was constructed adjoining the west wall of the main building, and is named in honour of St Edmund’s first Church Warden, William Goddard.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2024. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close