Woolwich Episcopal Area
Lewisham and Greenwich Archdeaconry
Details of the Church
The original church consecrated in 1881 was destroyed by enemy action in 1944. The present church was built after the war and consecrated in 1957. It consists of brick walls and tower with pre-cast concrete mullions to the aisle walls. The nave roof is supported on timber trusses and covered in copper and the aisle and vestry roofs are flat and covered in built-up felt roofing. There are stone dressings to some openings.
The interior is plastered with a vaulted fibrous plaster ceiling with a fine Feibusch mural at the east end.