Menu

Useful information

Patron

The Bishop

Episcopal Area

Woolwich Episcopal Area

Deanery

Southwark & Newington Deanery

Archdeaconry

Southwark Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1959-60

Architect

Woodroffe Buchanan & Coulter

Listing

2

The church and centre are located within a reinforced concrete framed building which is roofed with a folded plate timber roof, covered in copper. The external cladding consists of brickwork, reclaimed stone from the old church and artificial stone moulded blocks some of which are glazed with stained glass. The ground floor of the building contains the Lorrimore Centre. The first floor has the church and church hall. At the rear of the church is a balcony with organ loft. The church is orientated towards the east and at the east end behind the altar is a small Lady Chapel.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close