Lord Chancellor 3 turns / Corporation of London 1 turn / Walsingham College Trust Assn Ltd 1 turn
Woolwich Episcopal Area
Southwark & Newington Deanery
Details of the Church
St George’s was designed by John Price in 1735 and is a brick church of classical design with Portland stone pediments, string courses and dressings. The church is listed Grade 2* and is considered to be of national historic importance. The interior was altered by William Hedger in 1808. The present ornate ceiling was designed by Basil Champneys in 1897 and restored by Thomas Ford in 1951 after war damage.