Menu

Useful information

Patron

The Vicar St Mary Battersea

Episcopal Area

Kingston Episcopal Area

Deanery

Battersea Deanery

Archdeaconry

Wandsworth Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1875/1974

Architect

Not Known

Listing

NL

The original church, by William White, was destroyed by fire in 1970. The steeple, which survived the fire, was demolished in 1994 due to severe structural problems in the brickwork. The present church buildings comprise an old school building, probably by White c.1875, attached to a multipurpose church hall community centre.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close