Menu

Useful information

Patron

Vicar of St Mary Battersea

Episcopal Area

Kingston Episcopal Area

Deanery

Battersea Deanery

Archdeaconry

Wandsworth Archdeaconry

Details of the Church

Built

1881

Architect

William White

Listing

2

The church consists of a central nave and side aisles – all gabled – with an apsidal east end over a small undercroft. There is no tower. The nave and aisles are of similar proportions, each covered with relatively low double-pitched tiled roofs which lend the interior a feeling of width rather than height. The external appearance is rather plain, alleviated somewhat by stepped gables and diaper brickwork, but the interior is both unusual and pleasant.

The South London Church Fund and Southwark Diocese Board of Finance is a company limited by guarantee (No. 236594).
Registered Office: Trinity House, 4 Chapel Court, Borough High Street, London SE1 1HW. Registered Charity: (No. 249678).

© The Diocese of Southwark 2021. All rights reserved.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close